Thursday, February 11, 2010

Time for a test run......

I'm almost 5 months old now and at some point, my human needs to learn that yes, I am going to start exploring the house at night (heh heh, I was in the bathroom during the wee hours last night and got caught!). I didn't get into trouble and I returned to my usual spot next to her in bed, loudly purring just to let her know, "I still am happy to snuggle with you".

I'm a fairly grateful feline, being what is deemed a "rescue". My birth mother and brother were literally discarded in an alley during the cold months of early winter when I was about 5.5 weeks old or so. Next thing I knew, my brother, mother and I were put in a car and taken for a long, long ride. Next thing is we all got shampooed and I wasn't impressed, but those pesky fleas took a hike! We lived in a nice room, kept warm and well fed until about a week after arriving- mother and brother left and I got stuck with my human, some man, 2 dogs and several other mutt cats, who seem to have very little interest in me. I try playing with them, but all I got was my foot bit out of it and an abscessed pad that my human kept messing with!

I settled in without my mother and brother quickly and here's were I spend my days-


Don't I have the most beautiful eyes you have ever seen? I get to spend my days right on my human's desk as she works or whatever she does (all I hear is tap, tap, tap and some yapping). I've made it a point to remove all the writing things she uses to the floor, too. Occasionally, I attempt to do some of that tapping thing myself, but get moved away from that thing her hands are always occupying. I figured out immediately how to stop that nonsense, too. It's called, "suck up" and "snuggle" in her arms, purr loudly and lick her. Her behavior is so predictable- she stops and pays attention to only me and of course, when I get sick of it, I go back to my bed and sleep some more.

Next time I post, I'll tell you how I'm teaching her to drive, including how I taught her to make sure I get to go along where ever she goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!